06 December, 2007

Pullman's Golden Compass: What's Up?

You may or may not have spent much time absorbing the simmering controversy over the movie version of The Golden Compass. I never read the books, but I trust the opinion of Amy Welborn a good bit and she wrote a nice little summary on the major issues that should allow you all to avoid any handwringing over whether or not to bother shelling out the clams to see the flic. I might pick it up from Blockbuster in the spirit of cultural awareness, who knows. From the few interviews I've seen, this guy has some serious anger issues that he does a poor job of concealing.

Also, +1 on the idea that the USCCB needs a new movie reviewer. Talk about being played like a cheap banjo...

I know I've been doing a lot of linking lately. Fear not, genuine original content is on the way!

No comments: