21 September, 2007

The Wrath of the Whatever...

Alright, those who know me know I have a minor fascination with The West Wing. It's the best television I've ever seen (along with Frasier of course). I was just remembering some of my favorite scenes and I'll post one every once in a while. You owe it to yourself to check it out if you haven't already.

C.J.: The speech is done.
TOBY: Two speeches are done.
C.J.: What's the second?
TOBY: I've got a speech if he wins, I've got a speech if he doesn't.
SAM: You wrote a concession?
TOBY: Of course I wrote a concession. You want to tempt the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing?
SAM: No.
TOBY: Then go outside, turn around three times and spit. What the hell's the matter with you?
SAM: It's like 25 degrees outside.
TOBY: Go.
JOSH: Hello.
C.J.: [in foreign accent] Oh, Mr. Lyman. I see your picture in the magazine. Tell me, if I swallow my ballot, does it still...?
JOSH: A little election day humor-- that's great.
SAM: He wrote a concession speech.
JOSH: Of course he wrote a concession speech. Why wouldn't he? What possible reason would he have for not writing a concession speech?
SAM: The wrath from high atop the thing.
TOBY: He upped and said we were gonna...
JOSH: No, you got to go outside, turn around three times and curse.
TOBY: Spit.
JOSH: Spit and curse.
TOBY: Do everything. Go!
JOSH: Go!
TOBY: Go!
JOSH: Go!
TOBY: Go!
Sam gets up and leaves the room.
JOSH: These things have a half-life. You just can't...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when you get ready for some more the sportsnight 2 season set is a must have. I have been watching it again. it makes my giggle like a small girl.

Matt said...

I'll have to check it out when I get a chance. We seem to be watching all of our TV on DVD these days. There is not a single show we care to watch anymore. The only time I miss cable is right now - college football. I'm making lots of trips to other locations for my fix. At least I can pick up the ABC and CBS games through the rabbit ears.