31 October, 2007

Happy All Hallow's Eve!

The eldest daughter has decided to dress up as Miss Hermione Granger this year. Through the skillful modification of an existing Tigger costume the youngest will be masquerading as Hermione's cat, Crookshanks. I'll be spicing the cider as soon as I get home and we'll attempt to engage in some "well-mannered frivolity".

I hope you all have a wonderful Halloween, All Saints Day, and All Souls Day as well. If you can't manage to find a good requiem mass near you for All Souls on Friday, at least listen to a good one! I can certainly recommend Faure and Durufle, as well as Brahms for a gorgeous German version.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My little girl donned a quidditch robe and broom and went as Mary Potter (Harry's long lost little sister).

She also designed (and I carved) two Jack O'Lanterns - one Calvin, the other Hobbes. They turned out great.

The evening was mild, overcast and lightly gusty - in other words, perfect for trick-or-treat. We drank cider and ate candy and watched some favorite Halloween vids (Charlie Brown and some old Disney cartoons - alas, we couldn't find the old animated Sleepy Hollow with Bing Crosby voicing Ichabod Crane... still my favorite).

Tonight, Mass.

Matt said...

Sounds great, unfortunately I was still sweating on Halloween - stinkin' Florida! I need to hurry up and move North again...

Love the Mary Potter idea and you absolutely cannot go wrong with Calvin and Hobbes, sounds like a fun time.

Bring on Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Tim! Another Calvin and Hobbes lover I see... I did Calvin and Hobbes pumpkins two years ago. I love them...and I can pull them out every year because they are funkins.

Matt, I loved the image of your girls as Hermione and Crookshanks. I can't wait to see pictures. Dominic was Young Link, and he had a Hylian shield and a bommerang and everything! It was a lot of fun...and yes it was hot.

Matt said...

Lauren,

The costume or the weather? :) Just kidding...